- Do not twist or subject the power cable to extreme pressure or weight weight.
- Keep the pin and interface of the power plug clean from dust or water.
- Do not pull the power cord or touch the power plug with wet hands.
- Do not use with a damaged power plug, power cord or loose outlet.
- Use Kobuki indoors only.
- Do not pour or spray water onto Kobuki.
- Do not use Kobuki to pick up anything that is burning or smoking.
- Always remove the battery before long-term storage or transportation.
- Maximum translational velocity: 70 cm/s
- Maximum rotational velocity: 180 deg/s (>110 deg/s gyro performance will degrade)
- Payload: 5 kg (hard floor), 4 kg (carpet)
- Cliff: will not drive off a cliff with a depth greater than 5cm
- Threshold Climbing: climbs thresholds of 12 mm or lower
- Rug Climbing: climbs rugs of 12 mm or lower
- Expected Operating Time: 3/7 hours (small/large battery)
- Expected Charging Time: 1.5/2.6 hours (small/large battery)
- Docking: within a 2mx5m area in front of the docking station
- PC Connection: USB or via RX/TX pins on the parallel port
- Motor Overload Detection: disables power on detecting high current (>3A)
- Odometry: 52 ticks/enc rev, 2578.33 ticks/wheel rev, 11.7 ticks/mm
- Gyro: factory calibrated, 1 axis (110 deg/s)
- Bumpers: left, center, right
- Cliff sensors: left, center, right
- Wheel drop sensor: left, right
- Power connectors: 5V/1A, 12V/1.5A, 12V/5A
- Expansion pins: 3.3V/1A, 5V/1A, 4 x analog in, 4 x digital in, 4 x digital out
- Audio : several programmable beep sequences
- Programmable LED: 2 x two-coloured LED
- State LED: 1 x two coloured LED [Green - high, Orange - low, Green & Blinking - charging]
- Buttons: 3 x touch buttons
- Battery: Lithium-Ion, 14.8V, 2200 mAh (4S1P - small), 4400 mAh (4S2P - large)
- Firmware upgradeable: via usb
- Sensor Data Rate: 50Hz
- Recharging Adapter: Input: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz, 1.5A max; Output: 19V DC, 3.16A
- Netbook recharging connector (only enabled when robot is recharging): 19V/2.1A DC
- Docking IR Receiver: left, centre, right
- C++ drivers for Linux
- ROS driver
- Gazebo simulation